Personal information is any information about you where your identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
Collection of Personal Information
The amount of personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. We will collect personal information from you if you:
- contact us through our website using an on-line form;
- receive a visit from one of our representatives;
- make a product or service enquiry;
- order a product;
- make a product complaint or warranty enquiry;
- complete an application or enter into an agreement;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- correspond with us, including by email;
- call our Customer Service line; or
- enter a promotion or competition.
The type of personal information you may provide to us includes your name, position description, address, email address, business type, telephone, age group, mobile phone number, facsimile number, credit card particulars, bank details and how you heard about us.
We collect personal information from you for a number of reasons, including to:
- sell and deliver our products and services to you;
- respond to your questions or requests for information;
- manage warranty claims and provide after sales service;
- improve our service;
- assist us forecast the future demand for our products and services;
- send you direct marketing material by email or post;
- analyse our website usage;
- enhance the content of our website;
- keep a record of our dealings with each other; and
- comply with legal obligations.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
You can generally visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
Credit Reporting Information
Lock Focus also collects financial and trading information from customers in order to establish and manage business and customer relationships. This information is securely held for internal accounting and administration purposes associated with the provision of products and services (including the extension of commercial credit) to customers and in order to enhance our business relationship and level of service.
Collection of commercial credit information is undertaken only with your consent. To complete an application to open an account or extend commercial credit we may ask you to provide: ABN numbers, business name, business structure, trading history and commercial trade references.
Lock Focus may disclose this information to a credit reporting body (such as Veda or Dun & Bradstreet), or trade referees nominated by you, and receive commercial credit information about you. This credit information will only be used to assess your credit worthiness. It will not be used for the purposes of pre-screening of direct marketing by a credit provider, and will not be intentionally disclosed to entities outside Australia.
To the extent that the customer is an unincorporated entity, this is personal information covered by this policy. Information about corporate customers, which is about an identifiable person, is also personal information covered by this policy. Lock Focus does not have a practice of collecting or holding consumer credit information covered by the Credit Reporting Privacy Code.
Enquiries for access to or correction of commercial credit information or credit eligibility information, or complaints about the failure of X to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (if this binds Lock Focus), can be made as set out below under “Access and Correction” and “Queries and Complaints”.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Lock Focus recognises the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and so will not give your personal information to third parties unless:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- it is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the primary purpose(s) for which we collected your personal information;
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for a related purpose; or
- we are required to do so by law.
The third parties we will typically share your personal information with include companies in our own corporate group, your authorised representatives and service providers which we use to conduct our business, functions and activities. These organisations may be involved or conduct:
- mailing, shipping or courier operations;
- information technology services;
- legal, auditing, accountancy or other professional services;
- credit reporting services;
- promotions and competitions;
- repair, installation or maintenance services;
- insurance services;
- market research
- Debt collecting function
- Website usage analysis
Cross Border Disclosure
If we disclose personal information in countries outside Australia, we will only do so in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws and if we reasonably believe that the information will remain subject to principles for fair handling of the information which are substantially similar to the applicable Australian privacy laws.
We will only collect sensitive information from you relating to race, ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health and medical history with your consent and only use it for the purposes for which it is provided. We do not typically collect such information.
The security of your personal information is of great importance to us, and we take reasonable steps to:
- keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other access-controlled records; and
- ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was provided, unless a legal exception applies.
Access and Correction
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is relevant, accurate, complete and up-to-date. We appreciate you assisting us by letting us know if your personal information has changed.
You have a right of access to most personal information we hold about you and the right to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. To request access, please contact our privacy officer, whose contact details are set out below. We will need to verify your identity before meeting your request, which we may require in writing, and we will process it in a reasonable time.
Queries and Complaints
The Privacy Officer
Lock Focus Pty Ltd
15-17 Futura Rd, Keysborough, VIC, 3173
P: 03 9798 1322
If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns with you. If, however, you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992.
Lock Focus is a wholly owned subsidiary of GUD Holdings Limited.